Hauppauge, New York – November 19, 2014 – The Tiffen Company, a leading manufacturer of award-winning imaging accessories, has announced the release of the highly-anticipated version 4 of the multiple award-winning Tiffen Dfx digital filter suite. A powerhouse among special effects software, Tiffen Dfx 4 delivers even more illustrious video and still image effects to its already extensive package. Version 4 adds OFX plug-in support, making it compatible with digital intermediate programs Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve and Assimilate Scratch, as well as the high-end Nuke visual effects program from The Foundry. The feature-rich Tiffen Dfx 4 upgrade also includes support for Sony Vegas NLEs as well as 12 new visual effects filters, 93 new historical photographic processes, 30 new motion picture film stocks, a dramatic speed increase in GPU acceleration, state-of-the-art floating point precision for a non-destructive workflow, and vivid Retina display support for Mac.
“The Tiffen Dfx digital filter suite is the premier effects suite for professional photographers, top motion picture filmmakers, video editors and visual effects artists across the globe, and Dfx 4 takes the art of editing with effects to the next level of creative ingenuity,” comments Steve Tiffen, President and CEO, The Tiffen Company. “In terms of effects and workflow diversity, Dfx 4 represents one of the most comprehensive upgrades for the Tiffen Dfx brand and we look forward to seeing the incredible imagery Tiffen users will create with these outstanding new features and capabilities.”
“For the June 2014 cover of Playboy, I shot the Playmate of the Year,” says Michael Bernard, director and cinematographer. “The editorial is a celebration of six decades of Playboy. I had to give each decade a distinct look, and I found that the Film Stocks tool was invaluable. A wealth of different stocks and presets gave me an amazing range of color, grain and look, truly taking my images back in time.”
Dfx is the only plug-in package that replicates award-winning Tiffen optical filtering, Rosco and Gam gobos and gels, plus hundreds of photographic film stocks. It is a complete cinematographer/editor toolkit that provides the majority of Tiffen optical filters within a single software suite designed to work with industry-standard photo and video editing applications.
Michael adds, “The rich variety of looks and tools makes Tiffen Dfx indispensable; it’s the perfect tool to be used with Photoshop. Version 4 offers even more tools and a larger variety of looks. I love how each upgrade gets better and better.”
Tiffen Dfx 4 is the perfect toolbox for photographers and cinematographers, providing breathtaking results at the touch of a button. The new sleek interface delivers a faster and better workflow. GPU acceleration using OpenCL takes advantage of the system’s graphic processers, dissolving the time between an idea, a click and a result. Executive Director Bailey Eubanks emphasizes the importance of the high-quality Tiffen Dfx software and new release, "What makes Tiffen Dfx stand out from the rest is certainly the quality. Digitally converted from the reputable Tiffen filters, Dfx 4 now boasts upwards of 130 individual filter options. When I’m telling stories through video and images, its aesthetics are key in conveying the narrative. I can always count on Tiffen, as it has been raised on a legacy of creating the world’s best images. Dfx 4, now faster with multi-processing capabilities and GPU acceleration, doesn’t fall short of the Tiffen name."
Tiffen Dfx 4 Features and Highlights Include:
· OFX plug-in support, making Tiffen Dfx compatible with professional digital intermediate programs Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve and Assimilate Scratch, as well as the high-end Nuke visual effects program from The Foundry. It also expands NLE support to include Sony Vegas® and DaVinci Resolve Lite.
· 12 new filters – Borders, Cartoon, Colorize Gradient, Detail, Develop, Grunge, Harris Shutter, Pastel, Pearlescent®, Radial Tint, Satin® and Tone Adjust
· 93 historical film processes and 30 motion picture film stocks added as new presets within the popular film stocks filter
· More parameters and tools added to presets – includes new tools for color correction, tint enhancement and gradient control
· Process in 32-bit floating point precision – ability to selectively access your image’s dynamic range without clipping values in a true non-destructive workflow. Improved easier and faster “on board” masking tools for the Dfx still programs – photo plug-in and standalone.
· New edge-aware smoothing algorithm (great for skin smoothing) added to some filters for refined control and application
· New Curve Tool for still programs – designed to control tonal range through RGB and individual red, green and blue curves. Adjustable curve points for shadow and highlight control
· Improved Interface – new optimized preview size – images can now be previewed in 4096, 2048 and 1024 pixels. Keyboard control added for brushes and new look to sliders, buttons and icons. Mac Retina display support.
In conjunction with Dfx’s superior masking tools, floating point precision gives users full access to the image’s dynamic range on a selective basis without having to clip values. Tiffen Product Manager Jena Rappolt-Noyes comments on the uniqueness of the new benefits for users, “We responded to our customer and market feedback adding features like 32-bit floating point precision, which is common with high-end visual effects software and is unique for photo editing applications, making Dfx 4 a leader in its class. And with the addition of Mac Retina display support, the additional 93 brand new historical photographic processes, and 30 motion picture film stocks, Dfx 4 is the most versatile, inclusive suite on the market today.”
Tiffen Dfx 4 Pricing, Supported Hosts and Availability
Tiffen Dfx 4 supports the newly released Adobe® Creative Cloud 2014.
Tiffen Dfx 4 film/video plug-in is available today for 499.95 USD. One Dfx video plug-in will run in Adobe® After Effects® and Premiere® Pro, Apple® Final Cut Pro® X and Apple Motion 5, and Avid® Editing Systems 64 bit, if installed and activated on the same machine.
Tiffen Dfx 4 photo plug-in is available today for 149.99 USD. One Dfx photo plug-in license will run in Adobe® Photoshop®/Photoshop® Elements, Adobe Lightroom® and Apple® Aperture® if installed and activated on same machine.
The standalone version of Tiffen Dfx 4 is available today for 129.99 USD. This still image workflow is for Jpegs, Tiff and RAW files. It works as an independent software and does not require host software.
The Dfx 4 Ofx Pro plug-in is now available at an introductory price of 999.95 USD (regularly 1499.00 USD). One Dfx 4 Ofx Pro plug-in will run in DaVinci Resolve, Assimilate SCRATCH® and The Foundry’s NUKE software, if installed and activated on same machine.
The Dfx 4 Ofx Standard plug-in is now available at an introductory price of 499.95 USD (regularly 599.95 USD). One Dfx 4 Ofx Standard plug-in will run in DaVinci Resolve Lite and Sony Vegas editing software, if installed and activated on same machine.
· Dual Core Intel or AMD processor
· Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 7 64 bit
· 64 bit Intel processors
· Mac OSX 10.7 and above
For a full list of Tiffen Dfx 4 features and tech specs, along with a free full working 15-day trial, visit: www.tiffensoftware.com/products.